Tuesday, February 06, 2007

NY Fashion Week

Of course fall's fashion week has to start while I'm in the middle of cramming for midterms. Oh well, makes for a nice study break, just as long as I can tear myself away from the computer screen long enough to practice differential equations and French vocabulary.

So far I have really liked what I've seen. Color and sparkling embellishments, gorgeous silky fabrics mixed with classic fall/winter heavier and warmer material.

The Marc Jacobs show was fun to look through, the models looked so insanely chic with their hats of all sizes. Like those gorgeous femme fatale actresses had stepped out from their black and white movie screens into the modern world.




Loved the DKNY show, Parisian chic just always looks right. And how perfect since I will be living in Paris this fall. I can see it now, me sitting in a cafe on a cold, overcast Paris afternoon, wearing one of DKNY's little miniskirts with wool tights and a beret.




And who could forget Carolina Herrera? I loved nearly every piece for their intricate and luxurious details.



I love how Herrera turned a plaid school-girl type skirt into something totally glamourous.

Anyway, as much as I'd love to be here all night posting pictures of my favorite looks thus far, it's already 11:30pm and I've got homework plus an full schedule of classes tomorrow. A bientot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home